Highlighted
Established Member

Adding Account Manager to Customer Profiles

Hi!  Does anyone know how to add an account manager to Customer profiles?  The goal here is to keep track of how much revenue each Account Manager is responsible for.  Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Tony

5 Comments

Re: Adding Account Manager to Customer profiles

Probably customer profile cannot be added here but if you want to know that customer details transaction then you can do it easily by clicking on that profile.

Established Member

Thanks for the response.  I understand how to see the customer details.  What I am trying to do is assign an Account Manager to each customer, so that I can pull reports by Account manager to see their specific customers and revenue associated.  Does that make sense?

Community Leader

Hey @tshaw,

It sounds like you are trying to create a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and with it, an easy way to track your team's performance as they track customer segments. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like you want to set up your Account Managers in Quickbooks as a sort of subgroup to track everything in one place.

I actually would recommend looking into CRM apps that integrate with QuickBooks so you can measure a variety of performance metrics. Going this route is especially useful if, later on, you decide you want to start tracking more data.

Insightly and Aero Workflow come to mind, but there are a ton of excellent programs out there. Pick the one can track the data you need and has an accessible user interface so your team can work together efficiently. 

Hope this helps. 

Established Member

I found the answer.  Need to add the sales rep field to each invoice and then you can make reports by Sales Rep.

Community Leader

@tshaw glad to hear it!