Highlighted

Editing employee status in QBO full service payroll

How do you change an employee's status to inactive when you are subscribed to QBOnline Full Service payroll? The only option I see is to Delete Employee - that says it will delete the employee and all their info.

Thanks for the help!

3 Comments
Frequent Contributor

Re: Editing employee status in QBO full service payroll

Hi, 

Go to the Employee profile page, Select Edit Employee. From there, you should see 3 tabs at the top of the page, (Pay, Profile, and Employment). Click Employment, change the dropdown for status. 

When I click on an employee name it brings up Employee Details. There are no tabs - like in QB desktop.  I'm working with QBOnline and when we activated Full Service Payroll - the screen for employees changed to a totally different format.

Frequent Contributor

@artstaxgirl Yes, I use QBO Full Service Payroll also.  Go to the Workers tab on the left side of the dashboard. Select the employee, and directly under the employees name, click Edit Employee. At the top of the page, there are three "tabs", select the Employment one. (I have attached a screenshot also to help you with this step.) Then in the dropdown, select the status.