cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Run report for items / invoices actually paid

I run a business where I need to know how many items were actually paid for in a given month. 

It seems like every report I can figure out to run is based off invoice date and note the date the invoice was actually paid. 

Let's say I have 3 items I sell. I would like to be able to run a report that shows the actual payments recieved in a given month for those items. 

Is it possible?

Thanks!

5 Comments
Established Member

Re: Run report for items / invoices actually paid

@the4aces

Unfortunately, in QBO, there is no report that I can think of will give A/R paid by DATE report. I understand invoice payment received date report should be a standard report but QBO...

Send them your feedback.

Established Member

Run a sales by item detail or summary report, set the report basis to cash, and set the reporting period

That will report on only paid sales, as of the payment date.

Established Member

Rustler is right. On a cash basis sales report, it's based on the payment date. I was thinking about invoice date and paid date both showing on the same report.

Great solution. The resulting report is kind of confusing though. Some invoices have 3 entries (positive, negative, positive), some have 1, and some have 2. 

Mind helping me think through that?

Established Member

@the4aces

I'm not sure which report you're looking at but it's most likely those are the items from your invoice. As I said before if you are looking for total invoice amount with invoice date and paid date columns on the same report, they don't have it. Most QBO users, that's what they want for various tasks.