cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unapply a Credit From an Invoice

Please, help!

I applied a credit memo to an invoice in error. I want to remove that memo. I found on internet these steps:

1. Find and open the credit memo in your Quickbooks account.
  2. Display the history associated with the credit memo by pressing Ctrl + H (shortcut command for history).
  3. Double-click the invoice on which the credit was applied.
  4. Click the Apply Credits button.
  5. Clear the current credit selection in the Previously Applied Credits window.
  6. Click Done on the Apply Credits window.
  7. Click Save & Close on the invoice to remove the credit and save your changes.

But, i cannot find the Apply Credits button. Where is located this button?

Thanks,

Pisicu

7 Comments
Established Member

Re: Unapply a Credit From an Invoice

What version of QuickBooks are you using?  If qbo, open the invoice and you will see blue hyperlink to the credit that is applied.  Then you can unapply it by deleting the payment transaction that applied it.

or are you using qb desktop?

Established Member

"Double-click the invoice on which the credit was applied. Click the Apply Credits button."

In Desktop, open the Transactions and they have Ribbons = icons at the top. One of which is Credits.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use a QB Desktop version. I doubled check and I do not have that feature. Do you know how to remove the credit memo in QB Desktop? 

Thank you.

Established Member

Are you on windows qb or mac qb.  It makes a difference.  What year version?   To unapply the vendor credit, I would click to duplicate it and then delete the original in qb desktop.  Not the greatest way, but it worked for me.

Established Member

In Desktop, AP credits can be opened and changed to a Bill, at the top, which forces the program to Release the link that applied it. Then, Change it back to a Credit.

I attached an image showing the Ribbon for AR and the Icon at the top.

Available Credit.JPG

Established Member

What Michelle @qbteachmt said above is what I used to do. It's been a few years since I have worked in desktop. But that is exactly what you should do.
Established Member

What @qbteachmt said above is what I used to do. It's been a few years since I have worked in desktop. But that is exactly what you should do.