Highlighted

Using QB Online as POS

I've been using QB online for a short time and still have alot to own.  We run a small business.  We have a storefront that is open 4 days per month.  This is at a large market that fortunately provides us walk in business at a great volume which generates sales in the store.  It also provides us the opportunity to book orders which we fill and ship out through the month after the 4 days are over.  

My question is this:

During the 4 days of opening, i would like to use the Sales Receipt portion of QB Online as a POS. Entering each transaction as a customer buys items in the store.  It would track my income during that time and inventory.  Are there any drawbacks to using this a POS?   It would keep me from having to purchase a seperate POS.  

Thank you for your help!!

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Using QB Online as POS

Hi Farmhousecustom,

I'd like to help you to find a solution. Can you let me know if you're using QuickBooks Payments? Also, do you plan on using a mobile device for this? I'll be waiting to hear back from you. 

Hi Dewayne!  Thank you so much for offering to help!  I use a Square reader as my payment device.  It's not connected into Quickbooks, just through my cell phone.  

I am looking into using my laptop or even a desktop at my store this next month.  I prefer to do that over mobile for Quickbooks.

farmhousecustom wrote:

Hi Dewayne!  Thank you so much for offering to help!  I use a Square reader as my payment device.  It's not connected into Quickbooks, just through my cell phone.  

QuickBooks Team

Square does have an app that works with QuickBooks Online and automatically imports your sales data. That could save you a lot of time. You can find the app here: https://apps.intuit.com/app-b7qjt5yrgg